Welcome to the Central Coast Distributing Employment Opportunities page. We are an equal opportunity employer and will be posting all job openings to this page as they become available. Please check back regularly for updates.
Delivery Driver – Class A
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Read invoices, shipping memos, pick-up slips and other records to guarantee accuracy, completeness and proper condition of all orders delivered.
- Operate delivery equipment for which Department of Transportation requires a Commercial Driver License.
- Read and match customer purchase orders and invoices to company invoice.
- Deliver cases which may include use of hand truck, ramps, stairs or other function in the movement of cases.
- Handle and process COD deliveries and collect checks as required.
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with dispatcher to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Address customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and/or shipments of incorrect product.
- Refer issues to appropriate supervisors as needed. Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Must possess a valid, current Class A CA driver license and acceptable DMV record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year driving experience.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Able to count and perform basic math with or without a calculator.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis from floor to shoulder level repetitively throughout shift.
- Ability to twist and turn, ability to use full range of peripheral vision and fine hand manipulations sufficient to safely drive tight city streets.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time. Occasionally able to lift up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) 3-4 feet onto a shelf.
- Walk, bend, sit, squat, twist, lift and carry on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Using a hand truck, must be able to push and pull up to 180 lbs. frequently throughout shift.
- Experience driving for the beverage industry.
Primary Location: San Luis Obispo County and Northern Santa Barbara County
On Premise Sales Representative
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maximize retail efforts through the execution and implementation of established sales and marketing programs.
- Achieve route display goals as set by CCD’s sales management team.
- Achieve route distribution goals of CCD and supplier Core brand and package objectives.
- Maximize retail execution within assigned accounts through the use and utilization of supplier retail account standards.
- Execute against pricing standards to include; competitive PTC, us of label, shelf, display and window pricing where appropriate.
- Increase consumer awareness of brands through proactive shelf management practices to include; presentations for additional space, location, flow and ribbonization.
- Manage quality of all CCD products to ensure that only fresh and damage free product is available for sale and consumption. Works with delivery and merchandising personnel for purposes of exchanging close coded product.
- Works to ensure effective internal communication by interfacing regularly with cross- functional co-workers (drivers and merchandisers). This is done in effort to improve cross-departmental communication, ultimately resulting in superior customer service and retail execution.
- Utilizes Ipads effectively to ensure proper inventory and orders thus eliminating out of stock and or out of code situations.
- Solicits the primary placement and legal usage of permanent point of sale within identified route. Stays abreast of competitive placement of signage.
- Completes administrative duties in a timely fashion.
- Complies with all state, local and federal laws pertaining to the sale and distribution of malt beverage products. Executes all responsibilities of this position within CCD’s company policies and guidelines.
Central Coast Distributing, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at GreatBeer.US