Welcome to the Central Coast Distributing Employment Opportunities page. We are an equal opportunity employer and will be posting all job openings to this page as they become available. Please check back regularly for updates.
Full Time Merchandiser Position
Job Description: Merchandiser Position in Beverage Industry with a territory in Atascadero and Paso Robles. Responsible for Merchandising all cold box and shelf space keeping shelves well stocked with the company’s product and rotating product to maintain quality control in assigned accounts. Building displays with themed POS and current pricing. Tracking out of stocks in each account. Working daily with your Sales Representative to keep all accounts in good working order. As a merchandiser, your efforts are critical to our sales goals and our customer’s profitability. You will be the first line of customer service and you will be the liaison between the customer and Central Coast Distributing.
Candidate must have good organizational skills.
Ability to communicate well and have good customer service skills.
Ability to take directions and follow through with assigned tasks.
Ability to perform math calculations.
Must be 21 years of age or older with a good driving record.
Must have active California driver license, reliable auto with active valid insurance.(you will receive mileage and gas reimbursement.)
Hourly wage plus car allowance. Paid vacation and sick leave. Health Insurance and a 401K plan.
Please submit resume.
- Drive established route to deliver wine, spirits, beer and non-alcoholic beverage products to assigned customers.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records.
- Read invoices, shipping memos, pick-up slips and other records to guarantee accuracy, completeness and proper condition of all orders delivered.
- Operate delivery equipment for which Department of Transportation requires a Commercial Driver License.
- Read and match customer purchase orders and invoices to company invoice.
- Deliver cases which may include use of hand truck, ramps, stairs or other function in the movement of cases.
- Handle and process COD deliveries and collect checks as required.
- Performs daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with dispatcher to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Address customer concerns/complaints regarding spoilage, breakage, and/or shipments of incorrect product.
- Refer issues to appropriate supervisors as needed. Keep interior of truck organized and clean.
- Must possess a valid, current Class A CA driver license and acceptable DMV record.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- One year driving experience.
- Basic ability to read, speak, write and comprehend the English language to perform essential job duties.
- Able to count and perform basic math with or without a calculator.
- Lifting and moving objects weighing 50 pounds on a regular basis from floor to shoulder level repetitively throughout shift.
- Ability to twist and turn, ability to use full range of peripheral vision and fine hand manipulations sufficient to safely drive tight city streets.
- Must be able to work in extreme temperatures for extended periods of time. Occasionally able to lift up to 160 lbs. (full kegs) 3-4 feet onto a shelf.
- Walk, bend, sit, squat, twist, lift and carry on a continuous basis throughout the shift. Using a hand truck, must be able to push and pull up to 180 lbs. frequently throughout shift.
- Experience driving for the beverage industry.
Central Coast Distributing, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at GreatBeer.US